Short update: apparently my friends' cabin in Green Valley Lake only has a 50/50 chance of still standing. The fire was definitely very close: they won't know if it was on their street or not for another week.
And Orange County! I didn't report on fires in my own former home! Bad Annie. Fires are threatening Rancho Santa Margarita where several of my friends listed on the left used to live (and a few other friends still live). Although some outlying homes have been burned, the densely residential areas will probably be OK. It was 50% contained a few hours ago, and usually once they get some control on a wildfire, they tame it quickly. There's also fires in Pendleton Marine Base next door, so my OC friends are watching them closely. I'll be staying a couple blocks from the beach, so if it gets too close, I'll borrow a surf board and watch from the waves.
But really, I'll be fine, and with the shift in the wind, it won't even be that smoky.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment