Thursday, October 4

oh yes he did.

A couple days ago I started thinking about some of the low moments of my dating career. Not a cheerful topic, but .. y'know. I started compiling a mental list of the worst lines I've gotten, and it started making me laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. So, for your reading amusement, here's the list. Most of the comments were made from dates, a couple were from everyday conversation with male friends. Some of the comments may read as sarcasm, but trust me. They were all too real.


1. I know you don't like this restaurant, but I have a coupon.

2. I think you'll like this place. [My last girlfriend] loved it.

3. Why doesn't my sister get dates? Mostly because she's 5'9". (as am I.)

4. Y'know, getting to your house is a real hassle.

5. I want to date you, but I'm not attracted to you. I think I might come around on that.

6. I'm not interested in you. I give long-stem red roses to all my friends.

Maybe next time I'll list all the idiotic things I've said while on dates... or... maybe I won't.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

oh my goodness. i can't believe that hassle line.

Jen said...

The "coupon" comment is CLASSIC! I had one friend who used his "Subway Club" card to take her out for sandwiches in order to BREAK UP with her!

Anonymous said...

dang... apparently I need to stop using coupons on dates...

Anonymous said...

If its a restaurant that she LIKES, and you're discreet with the coupon--no harm, no foul. Especially if it's not the first date. However, no bragging about being cheap, and never take a girl to a place you know she doesn't like!

I only hope you can learn from their mistakes. :)