Did you see the predictions for the USC-Stanford game? Did you see the final score? HA! I'm PROUD to be a Nor-Cal-er, and PROUD that some Nor Cal boys taught the University of Spoiled Children a good lesson. :)
"This is the first time in a long time that the future is really unknown. Because I had lived my life with so many goals and so many aspirations and so many plans, and I've come to the realization that I no longer need to create that kind of structure. That I don't need to be so goal-driven." --Sufjan Stevens quoted in the Smithsonian Magazine
I picked up The Yiddish Policemen's Union yesterday and I can barely put it down. Fabulous! Here a brief reason why: "The clock on the hospital wall hummed to itself, got antsy, kept snapping off pieces of the night with its minute hand." (p. 120) For the first time in an aeon, I'm reading with a pencil in my hand, making notes about theme and character and metaphor...the only problems is that I don't think I could ever assign a novel with so much cursing. But, WOW! (Oh--by the way, the author's from Berkeley. Another reason to be proud of Nor Cal!)
9 years ago
1 comment:
Forget American football babe!(especially since KSU and the Chiefs are faring poorly)Get on the Rugby bandwagon! We're heading for a possible France/South Africa final! Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment