Tuesday, October 9

Working Girl

Hey, here's a little life update for you. I got a job! Check out the company's website (www.alongside.org). I've also found a church I like, but it's a little far away...so I'm still looking around a bit. AND my job is flexible enough to allow for some solid volunteer work, so I'm looking for a worthy place to get involved, hopefully with high school students, 'cause I'm still thinking about teaching some day, sooner or later, who knows! So...that's the skinny. My next post will (probably) be about the best book I've read in a couple years! Seriously! But, today was my first day of work and I'm doing some freelance stuff on the side. When it rains, it pours, and I'm soaked!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its weird how that works. for the past couple weeks ive had WAY too much free time on my hands. and this week i have my only two midterms. So ive been doing a bunch of reading and studying. was planning on studying a ton tomorrow but i got a phonecall tonight that i have my first day of work tomorrow. from 2 pm to 10 pm. so much for studying! oh well... at least the final is worth 80 percent of the grade. Its a light shower that should clear by midday. (did I follow that analogy well? perhaps not.)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Annie! Can't remember if I've left a comment here before but have been following the turns, twists, ups, downs and general excitement of your life the few months. Enjoy your writing!

If you're ever in Hungary again you always have a place to stay!

Deb (DeRonde) Pogany

Jen said...

Deb -

Do I infer from you comment above that you're in Hungary? I might actually be coming to visit Budapest in February - where are you at? Post over at my blog to let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I LOVE that you two (Jen and Deb) met up again here.

Deb, one of the women who used to work in my new office is named Daronda (pronounced the same as DeRonde), so I've been thinking of you the last couple days! Great to hear from you! Thanks for reading. I'm completely honored. :)

Sziastok!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You know how to make a girl feel good. I'll just have to comment more often. (:

Enjoy you're new job! Great hearing from you personally!(:

Szia!
Deb