Tuesday, November 20

Mini-Reviews

Movie: Lars and the Real Girl--So sweet and poignant and wistful. I read a review that it was a tear-jerker, but I never wanted to cry. This furthers my opinion that Richard Roeper (of Ebert and Roeper) is ALWAYS WRONG. He didn't like this movie because it "wasn't realistic." huh? whatever. He also voted down on Pirates.

Book: The Good German. Yes, it was also a movie, which I haven't seen. The book is a good spy thriller/WWII mystery (however you want to look at it). Very good mind candy and a quick read. There's one "scene" that discerning readers might want to skip, but it's just one...

Reviews coming soon: George MacDonald's short stories and Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

i saw Enchanted today. it was cute and sweet. that pretty much sums it up. it was like eating candy corn, and teetering on eating one too many. don't be taking any boys w/ ya to see that one!

The McKays said...

glad you recommend LaTRG. we still haven't seen it, but might next week.

btw--you should change S&S' city from Reno, to Bishop. :)

Anonymous said...

Suz--

I'll make the change! I wasn't sure when the actually move happened. And congrats on the next Kirk grandbaby! What a marvelous clan you are (in the appropriately-Scottish sense of "clan" :) )