Wednesday, January 2

More recommendations

A couple days before Christmas, Baby Brother and I both got eaten alive by some member of the insect world. We both became reliant on Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment. It's good stuff.

Listen to Johnny sing. Watch Johnny smolder. See Johnny covered in arterial spray. For a surprisingly humourous musical from the delightfullly twisted minds of Stephen Sondheim and Tim Burton, experience Sweeney Todd. And, of course, check out our favorite British theatre star: Laura Michelle Kelly!

I know several of you didn't like PS I Love You as a book. But I bawled all through the movie. The teenage girls behind me thought it was dumb for being depressing, but...consider the source. I loved it as a tear-jerker.

I love mysteries, and I like the show Bones on TV. So, I read one of the mystery novels by Kathy Reichs that the TV show is very, very, very loosely based on. It was dumb. Watch the show. Skip the books.

Rarely do nonfiction books grab me, but I couldn't put down Victoria's Daughters. So cool. Because Victoria's daughters and granddaughters married into nearly all the royal houses of Europe, the book's scope is far wider than just the UK.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of recommendations, you have to see Enchanted! We just saw it last night, and it is my dream world...people joining in spontaneous song and dance! :)