Tuesday, January 29

Things I have learned...

I can't start a log fire without a cheater starter log. If I ever get lost in the woods, I'm in BIG trouble.

It's a bad day for EVERYONE when a teacher hands out a research paper assignment.

Some students can communicate entirely through whining.

Some parents think that laziness is a learning disability and should be given proper consideration.

Music can soften the memory of even the rowdiest classes.

Sabbaths are necessary.

www.owl.purdue.edu is every English teacher's lifesaver.

Faust pops up everywhere.

Teachers procrastinate too.

(...ok...so I knew some of this before...)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh wow, amen to the laziness= learning disability parental perspective! My memories of days as the long-term sub at the Christian school are coming back to me...

Jen said...

Addendum: I just clicked over to LarkNews and found my all-time best T-shirt option (even better than my "I love Nerds" standard).

"Homeschooled & Wild."

ARN said...

First, I'm an idiot American and cannot translate this comment page. Can you do Spanish instead?

Your "owl" site is great, I have to use APA citation in nursing school, which I can never remember how to do. Owl helps.

According to your parents' theory, there are a LOT of learning disabled kids down here in Orange County. Most of them just don't want to admit they are responsible for creating lazy, self-entitled monsters. Don't get me going. It's a 2008 goal to not be so mean and spiteful because sooner or later it's going to come back to haunt me. So far I'm doing alright.