"Mute" was kind enough to remind me that I hadn't posted in a week! Ohmygoodness! I blame a) busyness and b) not thinking of anything worth posting. Most of my funny stories from school are either un-post-able or dependent on inflection.
For reasons that will be apparent, I must be vague about the student-related issues closest to my heart this week. Let's just say that a few students' bad decisions have come back to haunt them, and it makes me sad. Should they suffer the consequences of their actions? Absolutely. Am I sad when they suffer? Absolutely.
I see most faculty discussions following the path of a stereotypical family system: the women as nurturers and the men as standard-bearers. These kids need to be held accountable, but they also need a kind ear. I'm happy that both of these roles seem to be represented somewhat equally here. I definitely fall into the nurturer category, but I am SO thankful for those who take the stricter role. I am half of the equation. It would be equally damaging for my perspective to be absent, or dominant.
9 years ago
1 comment:
thank you for complying with my request.
Post a Comment