Friday, May 16

A few weeks ago I was scraping ice off my windshield in the morning. Yesterday it was 104. Today wasn't much better. Finals start a week from today, and I'm trying to keep up with the mounting demands of the end of the year. Today was a 15-hour day--I just finished doing school work which I started around 7:30 this morning. But, it's worth it. I really do love my job.

I'm in a thankful mood, so here's a list of things I appreciate in my life:


An air-conditioned classroom (not all of them are!)
A pluthera of smart and funny students
Excedrin Migraine
A DVR recorder
Target
A mom who brings me my forgotten lunch without my asking (her willingness might be
linked to the fact that I haven't needed her to do so in 12 years).
Perfume
A swimming pool
A chance to worship God at work
Hilarious and smart friends at work, who love their jobs as much as I do
Good writing
A chance to pour love on 113 teenagers, all of whom need it
Bon-bons
My MacBook
My MacBook communicating wirelessly
Art
Hummus
Gel pens


...and so much more!

No comments: