Sunday, May 11

Finally...

After 18 months, I FINALLY have wireless internet on my laptop again. Hallelujah! All thanks to little brother #1. Hmmm...turns out little brothers really are good for something after all! :)

On another note, working at a high school makes one relive all those horrible high school memories that most of us try to forget. In the long run, dealing with one's adolescent self is fairly healthy, but it does make me prone to nostalgia. Every time a boy asks a girl to prom with some dramatic flair, or when the seniors start counting down to graduation...when I stop bullies in the lunch room from throwing food at another student, or when they verbally attack each other with pirahna-like ferocity...when they forget their homework, and when they unexpectedly ace a test...old memories burn in my brain. They don't believe me, but I REALLY DO remember all those horrible awkward feelings and all those dramatically dashed hopes. Every few months I find myself scanning through MySpace or Facebook looking for old familiar faces. I've found a few, but I don't know that I'd have much to say to many of them if we met in real life.

Now that I'm back "in the neighborhood" it's likely that I will someday run into one of the players from those old days. And I'll deal with that day then. I'm really not all that interested in reunion-izing as a group. With certain friends? Of course. With the pirahna-like crowd? Never.

No comments: