Sunday, June 15

Books Recently Finished

Ward Just stories -- KB's mother loves Ward Just, so I picked up a book of his short stories when I came across them. Some good. Some boring.

A Suitable Vengeance -- I love British mystery writers, especially by women. It's not a sexist thing, just a noticed habitual preference.

Ellery Queen mysteries -- A good way to while away a summer day.

Ruthless Trust -- A dyslexic friend told me this was the second book he had read all the way through on his own volition. I thought that was high praise, so I bought it immediately. That was three years ago. He was right, as always. But then, Brennan Manning is always wonderful.

A Philosophy of Christian School Education -- Exactly what it sounds like. The best thing about it is that I'm finished.

Mary Barton -- Classic 19th century British social novel, especially considering its female author (Elizabeth Gaskell). If, y'know, you're into that sort of thing.

No comments: