Wednesday, July 23

Book Update

Abolition of Man: the first C. S. Lewis book I can't recommend. Very philosophical and very limited to its day.

Interview With A Vampire: I couldn't put it down. Fabulous.

The Vampire Lestat: the sequel to Interview, boring. I didn't even finish it.

2 (or 3?) Elizabeth George mysteries: I love Elizabeth George. Love. Love. Love.

River Teeth: I love David James Duncan's two novels (The Brothers K and The River Why). This collection of short stories is nice, but the novels are better.

The Devil in the White City: I really wanted to like this book about the Chicago World's Fair and about a serial killer who used the Fair to find victims. But, I finally just had to let it go. Lots and lots of words, but nothing much happened.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

i would very much agree with your assessment of DITWC. It was a bit turgid at points and difficult to get through because it kept switching story focuses each chapter. i would be really into what Holmes was up to, and then, it would switch to another setback at the World's Fair.

I will have to check out IWAV. And speakng of vampires, have you heard any of Stephanie Meyer's books?