Dawn did this on her blog and I thought it was fun. I changed rule #3 a little bit.
This is how it works:
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Check off the songs (italicize) when someone guesses artist, album or song title correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating.
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.
So here are my 25 “first lines” of songs on my shuffled iPod.:
1. I woke up this morning, grey dawn, with a prayer on my breath
2. He love your sexy body, he loves your dirty mind
3. I'm not the going steady kind. I miss 'em all, all the time
4. I sold my piano. It couldn't come with me
5. Well if I could I surely would, Stand on the rock where Moses stood
6. I spent last night in the arms of a girl in Louisiana
7. Virgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Danville train
8. On either side the river lie, Long fields of barley and of rye,
9. Hugged your friends, Kissed your mama goodbye
10. Oh, just sitting while she listens, She says I dont need this place
11. Just around the corner there's heartache, Down the street that losers use
12. Anything's hard to change, But hey I got you down on your knees again
13. Gee but it's great to be back home
14. All these years, too many to keep clear
15. Well it would have been, could have been, worse than you would ever know
16. No more talk of darkness, forget these wide-eyed fears;
17. I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
18. Airplanes take you away again
19. Sono umana situazioni
20. It's not the pale moon that excites me
21. Now deep in the heart of a lonely kid
22. A picture of Amsterdam, Bare trees under glass
23. There’s a saying old, says that love is blind
24. If only dust could talk
25. We are swimming with the snakes
9 years ago
8 comments:
yay! i knew you'd do this!
and you're right, it IS hard.
#20 - Norah Jones? I don't know the title.
#23 - Someone to Watch Over Me?
#6 - Amos Lee, Arms of a Woman?
I feel like I should know #13 and #16.
I think I'll post the answers by the end of this coming week to give folks some time, that is, if anyone else gives it a shot... you'll have to do the same. :)
Dawn: No on #6...but I do love that Amos Lee song. Think more honky-tonk on that one.
Yes for #23, and yes #20 is by Norah Jones.
Yes, #13 and #16 are very well known songs.
I got #16, and that was it. I'm outta touch....love,p
Good catch, P! #16 is "All I Ask of You" from Phantom.
wow. i had no idea about #16, but i'm glad it's been revealed b/c it was driving me crazy.
I think you would really like "A Fine Frenzy" (AFF!) I esp. like the song "Last of Days" which is very poetic and expresses loss beautifully (in my opinion).
here is a link to the song on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r304u9oSb-U and here also are the lyrics. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/afinefrenzy/lastofdays.html
I would recommend her entire "One Cell in the Sea" CD, it's lovely.
-Julia Peterson
1. come on, come out
2. how deep the Father's love for us
3. I will love you for the cross
4.These two lions that I know, as beautiful as they are strong, sleepin in each other's arms
5. You fill up my senses
6. Billy's far off on Billy's raft?
7. these days my heart can be black as a raven's wing
8. take to the highway won't you lend me your name? (James Taylor)
9. open up your box of sunshine
10. Molly, put the kids to bed
Julia--
Thanks for the recommendation! I will be sure to check out the links. I LOVE all the Harrod and Funck on your list (I *think* that it's "funck" and not "funk," but I could easily be wrong). I went through an era of listening to them almost exclusively. A friend who transferred from Wheaton to Westmont introduced me to them and I loved their music!
#10 is Harrod and Funck's "Molly"
#5 is John Denver's "Annie's Song"
#4 is Harrod and Funck: "The Lion Song"
#7 is Harrod and Funck but I can't remember the name of the song. The next line is: "soon I'll run full circle let the day begin."
I recognized #8 as James Taylor, but I can't think of the song ... "Your way and my way used to be one and the same. Mama don't understand it; wanna know where I been. I must be some kind of natural born fool to want to pass that way again. But I can feel it child, on a country road."
But what's the title?
Post a Comment