Sunday, August 24

New Idea for Starbucks

During peak hours, Starbucks should have a separate line for families with indecisive parents and children. They are very sweet, very cute, but they REALLY back up a line of cranky people who just want some caffeine.

And want it NOW!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I never go to the Bucks with my kids. Way too much work. Those places aren't big enough for toddlers.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for any "fast food" kind of joint. Sometimes I know what I want and I want it NOW and other times(which is most of the time) I'm with the kids and just wish the people behind me would "lay-off" and leave me alone! I really am trying to go as fast as i can while sticking the cracker, sippy cup etc in the the little one's mouth, then picking it up off the floor, wash, rinse, repeat, WHILE keeping the preschooler off the counter, scanning the menu, finding the wallet and ordering.

Do you have some kind of petition I can sign? GREAT idea! Deb

annie said...

I think it would serve the moms most of all...less pressure from cranky patrons behind them in line!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I just remembered something! At the McDonald's in Mammut(at Moszkva ter), when a woman comes in with little kids they sit her down, give her a menu and serve her like in a real restaurant. Now THAT is a good idea!

Dawn said...

mmm, mammut. why did mcdonald's taste better overseas than it does here?

Anonymous said...

I agree about all comments regarding restaurants and service to moms, tastiness of Mammut McD's etc... Great ideas all around!

Remember the McFarm campaign?

Betsy

annie said...

Was that the campaign with the hamburgers saying "ruff ruff" during the mad cow scare? I thought that they were serving dog meat until I learned that Hungarian pigs say "ruff."

Anonymous said...

Yep - sure was that campaign. They also advertized with hot pink and little squiggles and dots for pig snouts and tails.

I knew about the "ruff ruff" thing, but learned it the hard way. I was going to buy something at the snack bar at school and asked the P.E. teacher what it was. He made his fingers look like little pointy ears and said "ruff ruff." I was TOTALLY HORRIFIED when a helpful student came along and saved the day.

Betsy

annie said...

Your co-worker called you a pig? With sound-effects? Seriously? And they say Americans are rude and have no cultural sensitivity. How awful!

the isaacs said...

i think she meant that the teacher was explaining to her that the snack she was wondering about was pork...but she thought it was dog at first when he said, "ruff ruff." i had to read it a second time because i thought what you did at first! ;)

annie said...

Oh, that makes SO much more sense. Thanks, Heth.