Tuesday, November 4

Book Update

Death in Zanzibar: M. M. Kaye--I loved Kaye's Shadow of the Moon and The Far Pavilions. This one was a little silly. We all have better things to do than read this book.

The Shack: lots of people are telling me how wonderful this book is. The writing starts out juvenile-ish, but it improves. The content will make you think. People feel strongly about this book, and I could argue both sides equally.

Missing Joseph:I love Elizabeth George novels, and this was a good one. However, it's not the best one. If you want to start this series, don't start with this one.

The Best British Detective stories: some wonderful, some not. No need to seek it out.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I thought the Shack was compelling, but with mediocre writing. And as with anything else that garners many followers, I had my skeptical POV when reading it.

That said, I cried my eyes out during the "here comes da judge" chapter.

Dawn said...

p.s. wayyyyyyyyyy too many Matrix ripoffs.

annie said...

Amen, Dawn. Amen.

ARN said...

Mmmm... bad theology. But I'm a little biased.