Wednesday, November 5

Amen

I'm not going to write about the election, because I'm somewhere between apathetic and disgusted (with people's naivete and stupidity--on both sides of the aisle). I think both McCain and Obama will/would do terrible things to this country. I thought one was worse than the other--which is a depressing way to vote. Instead of me typing any more --I'm reaching for the Prozac--read Amy's post. Minus the trashcan rant, she pretty fairly speaks my mind.

5 comments:

Dave said...

I completely agree with the statement "a depressing way to vote". I know this comment is random, but I am the guy who made that Willy Wonka video and the link showed up so I thought I'd check out where it was. Awesome blog by the way!

ARN said...

Ohhh, I depressed you- not my intent!!!! I just figure we're in a sad spot when my dad, the most red-white-blue blooded American alive, is equating our country's status as on par with the decline of the Roman empire and other world powers that lost their luster and flickered out. Such a pessimist... ;)

And everyone's got a trashcan rant.

And how cool- the Willy Wonka guy likes your blog!!!

annie said...

Thanks Willy Wonka Guy! One of my students (I'm a high school teacher) showed me your clip and I loved it. Well done. And thanks for reading. Come again!

Amy, you didn't depress me. You spoke for me, and that was good. :)

Dawn said...

annie, i am so with you on that naivete on both sides; the way obama fans talk, it's as if he's our nation's messiah. well-educated, dear friends of mine have hailed him inspirational and fabulous. it really makes my metaphorical red flags go up. inspirational, yes. but still a politician. let's call a spade a spade.

Anonymous said...

May I add my, "Amen" to all the above comments. I could not possibly say it as eloquently and concisely as you all. Debbie P.