Wednesday, December 10

Update

So I'm sitting here, proctoring one student as he takes my final early. And, I forgot my work bag, so I can't work. I'm not really upset about that.

I haven't written anything personal in awhile, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Only, I can't think of anything interesting to report.

Still in the house-buying maelstrom. I have every reason to hope that the one deal will go through, but it's still a waiting game.

Still teaching, and still loving it. Finals are next week, and my grading is piling up, but in the long run everything is going fairly well.

I knew moving north would be lonely, and I was right. I'm still lacking a good local friend to hang out with. If only e-Harmony would provide a service for finding friends. I'm either way older, or in a very different life stage than most of the people I meet. And, I've hit my limit on how many conversations I can have about potty training and tantrum stopping. I have no experience and, at this point, little interest. Which puts a damper on conversation with those of you who--very understandably--are interested in potty training, et al.

So, that's my life. I've kept you up to date with what I'm reading. I have no travel plans. Traveling alone is sometimes lonely and often unsafe. However, I'm pining for Europe somewhat. I may have to make a quick trip to France and Hungary and Ireland and the UK and ... well, maybe I'll have to choose between those.

TTFN!

3 comments:

mystereiss said...

i get so bored with potty training and all other mom topics pretty quickly in face-to-face conversations. i'm all about talking about real stuff - ourselves, our struggles, our spiritual growth, what movies completely boggle the mind, etc. unfortunately a lot of moms go to the default subjects pretty quickly.
wish your home and our home were a little closer. last night my non-mom friends & i had long talks about books, movies, wine, college majors, etc over dinner. i think you would have fit right in. :)
if you do travel to europe, be sure to stop by H-ville first. we have a pretty comfy couch and lots of time to hang out. :)

mystereiss said...

p.s. argh! dawn again. i guess our computer has a default login for dave.

annie said...

Oh Dawn! That would be so wonderful! Why isn't there a direct flight from here to there? Argh!