I do my best to keep my dating life and my blog separate. However, after today I must merge the two momentarily. While most of my readership is female and/or married (and therefore not the intended audience for this advice), I still must share the following:
1. Be on time. Women know that men are on their best behavior while (in the early stages of) dating, and therefore, if you are late to your first date, she's going to assume that you're a tardy and disrespectful person--even if unintentionally. But, we all have unforeseen circumstances get in our way, and, if she is a good person and if you are properly sympathetic, she will give you grace. Until you are late to the second date. At this point you are on the edge of the cliff, and she's looking for any reason to shove you into the abyss. And just to be clear here, this hypothetical lateness was 20-30 minutes. She's not so lame as to dock you for something less than 10 minutes. And, to be clearer, no number of "I'm almost there" calls and texts make up for the fact that you're late.
2. Drive. I'm a fan of public transportation, especially for commuting. However, if you own a car, and it's working, and the woman knows that you own a car, and you are late because you decided to take public transportation and there was an unexpected but usual delay ... it's your own %#&$ fault. Drive that car. In fact, to be a true gentleman, you should offer to pick her up, even if getting her is totally out of your way. Agreeing to meet her there is fine, if she suggests it. But, if you are late because you value a bit of fossil fuel more than her--you're off the cliff.
3. Compliment her. If you are less complimentary than the lesbian she met at the coffee shop while waiting for you ... you might as well jump into the abyss yourself. 'Cause it's over.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh. Good. Lord. Please tell me this didn't just happen today. Please tell me you are recounting this story on behalf of some other poor girl and that you weren't the recipient of this behavior...
Well, I can assuage your worry, or I could tell you truth. Your choice.
The lesbian had some nice tattoos.
Post a Comment