My car spent a couple nights at the mechanics because of an electrical short. Bottom line: they disconnected my radio and, Voila! car works. But, radio doesn't. Must buy new radio.
As I drove home from the mechanic, and then to school this morning, I subconsciously reached for the radio several times to turn it on, only to stop myself. Thou shalt not touch a dead body.
Recently I heard a sermon on rest. At one point, the speaker dashed through the spiritual disciplines, and I walked away with a greater desire to practice one of said disciplines. He listed "silence" and "meditation" separately, which made me think how those disciplines might look different in my life. Or are they the same thing?
So, back to the silenced radio: I really want to replace it, like, yesterday. I'm not sure how to exist without music. According to personality and career tests, I am a better person when I surround myself with music.
... and there's more. Because of school fire codes, I lost my extension cord and power strip, which means that I can't plug everything in at once, and the least necessary plug is for ... (you can see this coming, right?) my computer speakers.
Hmmm? Coincidences? Probably. But there's a little part of me that wants to put off replacing my car stereo system (I mean, a part other than my wallet), to see if driving in silence for a minimum of 45 minutes a day will serve as some sort of spiritual discipline.
Or will I just go crazy?
10 years ago
1 comment:
Um, you're going to go crazy.
But don't take me seriously. I'm on a Lil' Wayne and T.I. kick right now.
Post a Comment