I've got a large pile of books to read this summer, and I'm already jumping in. Please comment on any of these books ...
In process:
Their Eyes Were Watching God
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Sayers, again
The Portrait of Dorian Grey
Finished:
Whose Body?--Sayers is my hero, Wimsey is my love
Hawkline Monster--some say Brautigan is a genius. I find him simply entertaining
Dakota--Kathleen Norris' first. Lovely.
Velocity--Koontz may be my new guilty pleasure
Deja Dead--Silly murder mystery.
Outposts--Dear Mr. Winchester needs a better editor
Manalive--Chesterton is humbly brilliant
Cannery Row--Steinbeck: classic 20th C. lit
Zebra and other stories--Potok is so, so, so, so good
The Search to Belong--interesting, but only if assigned
A Taste for Death--my favorite P. D. James novel
My Life in France--Julia Child is just lovely!
Bridge of San Luis Rey--ugh.
Operating Instructions--Lamott is wonderful as always.
Mistress Bradstreet--great if you care about Puritans. Otherwise, skip.
Devices and Desires--least good P. D. James book I've read.
9 years ago
1 comment:
Annie, Where'd you go? I miss your blog posts! ...and YOU!
Post a Comment