human kind cannot bear very much reality -- t.s. eliot
Saturday, May 28
a year later. . .
on the off chance anyone stops by, I've started again at: www.msnelsonismissing.tumblr.com
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I miss you, Annie. Unfair statement, really. In truth I miss what I barely knew, even years later when so much is frayed and blurred. Squinting and still missing you, I barely remember barely knowing you.
You rode an unexpected tide that crashed against my hapless shore. The night was dark but the moon was bright. Light enough to see your shadow, but too dark to see you.
I have since chased your shadow farther and deeper than was reasonable.
I would have drowned feeling in the dark for you. You are not there, so I had to surface. I gasped alive, finding the world bright again, but blindingly incomplete from the presence of your absence.
I still cling to your shadow. This is no comfort to you, but it is the precious prize in my darkest depths.
1 comment:
I miss you, Annie. Unfair statement, really. In truth I miss what I barely knew, even years later when so much is frayed and blurred. Squinting and still missing you, I barely remember barely knowing you.
You rode an unexpected tide that crashed against my hapless shore. The night was dark but the moon was bright. Light enough to see your shadow, but too dark to see you.
I have since chased your shadow farther and deeper than was reasonable.
I would have drowned feeling in the dark for you. You are not there, so I had to surface. I gasped alive, finding the world bright again, but blindingly incomplete from the presence of your absence.
I still cling to your shadow. This is no comfort to you, but it is the precious prize in my darkest depths.
Thank you for being.
Post a Comment