-
In the 12th century, a Duke built a castle on the site, which was considered an Arthurian site even way back then. I took bazillions of photos up there, and but Blogger won't let me post them right now. So, before the photos, here's a poem that was written on a wall in the village of Tintagel. It was really wonderfully presented. I can't find an author, or even a title, and when I search for phrases in it, I the only hit I get is the town's site about the monument. Hmmm... Any ideas? It reminds me so much of Eliot's Four Quartets.
TOUCHSTONE WORDS
-
and you have been here before
coming and going and coming and going
and you have been here before
-
sealandslatelandsea
windtapslatetapwind
-
courting down’t Gilleradders meet
amidst the tab mawnlover’s end
-
arcing
rocking
-
between a caves open eye
and a seas hammering touch
skycoastholdfastcoastsky
-
your larensy path
scabbit dock
turning back home
dimsy light
-
looking forward looking after
looking as if for the first time
No comments:
Post a Comment