Tuesday, June 19

Anything but Bla

I've blogged about these guys before... (p.s. I took out the video because it would play automatically, and had to be startling some of you. If you can advise me on how to post without the dumb thing blasting unsuspecting visitors, let me know!For the video, check out the link to their hungarian site below.)

Watch out, it's a 12-minute clip and might take too long to download. If it doesn't work and you're still interested, go to their myspace page or their hungarian page and choose "Silence Before the Storm és Disarm Live Sziget 2006 + JBT Viva interjú koncert után"

The drummer, the bassist (red shirt) and the lead guitarist are some of the funniest people I've known, and definitely three of my very favorite students (don't believe the lie that teachers are impartial). Other than Jen--listed on the left--the bassist was the only native English speaker in my everyday life during the year I lived in Budapest. He was both the bane and the salvation of my teaching experience that year.

Why was a native English speaker in my English class? Blame that on Hungarian bureaucracy.

No comments: