Saturday, November 3

Madame Misanthrope

In my old age, I'm losing my patience with people. Sometimes, it seems I have to use an undue amount of energy to keep from snapping. These are just a few of the things that I've NOT said recently. A few details may have been changed to protect the "innocent."

(I've been sick for a week...which may have something to do with my current lack of grace.)

No, I can't stop by Tel Aviv on my way to Istanbul. Do you own a map?

No, I don't think it should be illegal to speak Arabic on an airplane.

Yes, I know CSI agents don't actually interview people. Watch the show. Suspend your disbelief.

No, Dr. House is not a real person.

No, a lot of travel and an MA don't automatically earn me a teaching credential.

Yes, fog is real. (That's actually someone else's held-back-comment.)

Yes, modern art does have a "right-side-up."

No, Jane, I don't think it's your business how often Mary (who you haven't seen in a decade) goes to church.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the "stop by Tel Aviv" comment!... which of course begs the question, are you going to Istanbul? For any legnth of time? As you know, I just got back. Man, I love that city! We need to catch up on phone soon - I miss you.

annie said...

No plans for Turkey. I cheated a little with that comment. A year or two ago--when I was going to Turkey fairly frequently--a friend asked if I could get her some Ahava lotion in Isreal on my way.

I'd gotten her Ahava lotion when I visited Israel in 1999. It's really cheap there and really expensive here.

I'd love to chat! I can sign on to Skype if I have some warning...otherwise, you have my cell number!

ARN said...

Good god!!! Fog is REAL?!? Who knew?!? You've revolutionized my world.