Monday, March 3

From my filing cabinet..

My students have created/quoted some interesting statements with magnetic poetry:


in her beauty she manipulated the boy

all you need is love

don't find a weak woman goddess

ugly cable car city

a tourist gets a wedgie

6 comments:

robin gayle said...

there are certainly no weak woman goddesses here!

Anonymous said...

magnetic poetry had the word "wedgie" in it?

Jen said...

"Write him
i think
you need souvenirs of love"

:)

annie said...

Dawn--

I have three versions of magnetic poetry all mixed together: the original, the high school, and the San Francisco versions--the last of which Jen and I played with a great deal on sleepy Budapest Saturday mornings. One guess which set included the word "wedgie."

Jen-

I almost posted that too, but since I've done it before (more than once?), I resisted. Thank you for filling in! :) It's still the best fridge poetry moment, ever!

Dawn said...

Annie, ha ha, it has to be the h.s. set.

I have a magnetic poetry kitchen calendar for this year. I've been slow to creat new ones of late, but the most recent is

"I like happy presents"

Fitting, since my bday is coming. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember the "write him..." poem. I heart that poem.

I have my magnetic poetry on the ugly filter cover for my furnace. It's right in the entry way. I had to make that huge, white, magnetic thing cool some how!

My current favorite poem is:
if
they
moan
any
more
music
I
will
ask
them
who's
on
top

It's an ode to my sex-crazed neighbors from my last apartment (things I don't miss about living down town...)

Betsy