This conversation just happened in my classroom (note that student C is known for her clueless comments):
ME: What is the basic summary of Act II, scene v of Romeo and Juliet?
student A: The Nurse tells Juliet where to meet Romeo to get married.
student B: And that she'll set up a ladder for Romeo to get to Juliet that night.
student C: Why?
ME: So they can play Scrabble.
student C: I don't know how to play Scrabble.
ME: Good. You're all too young to play Scrabble.
Aish! The things that come out of my mouth!
On another note: "A" is for Alibi is my first foray into the Grafton universe. It's OK. It takes place in Santa Barbara, which is kinda fun since I know that town so well. I think it would be good for long plane flights or for when one is ill--moments when you want to read, but you don't want to use your brain.
9 years ago
1 comment:
great story! that's a new euphemism i'll have to employ.
Post a Comment