Monday, May 11

This one's for Amy

I haven't blogged in FOREVER.

I've moved, and I get internet at home tomorrow, so there'll likely be an uptick then. With end-of-the-year madness, getting a new roommate, moving...I've been drowning for awhile. Graduation is 5/29, and then my brother gets married 5/31 and then I should be sane. Come see me in June or July! Except for when I'm with Robin in PA, NY, or QC.

I'll post pictures soon. I've planted a vegetable garden (four types of tomatoes, a melon and a lemon cucumber), although I'm not even thinking about competing with Amy-the-master-gardener. I've also planted an herb garden. The lavendar (Mexican and French varieties), oregano, parsely, sage, and pretty accompanying flowers are doing well. I think I killed the dill. Which is really sad, since I'm teaching To Kill A Mockingbird right now. If you haven't read the book, you're not going to get the reference. Sorry.

Read Ann Patchett's Bel Canto.

I can't think of anything else newsy. I LOVE my students, even when I want to kill them. Which isn't often.

Love!

(by the way, this is the 666th entry in this blog. In case you cared.)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

good to see ya!

ARN said...

Yessssss....

And how do I feel about being named in the title of your most evil-numbered posting?? Awesome!!!! You made my night. That and the Lakers stomping the crap out of the Rockets.

I love hearing about your garden. Keep it up. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Annie! Congrats on the house. So jealous about the garden. need to get me one those one day. Debbie